Such confidence: the tan is the body’s response to damage caused by solar radiation. Its armed itself stirs when WHO announced that the scientific literature related red meat with certain types of cancer, but we cannot forget that the sun is a potent carcinogen.
Eye! Nor we fall in irrational fear to sun exposure (tanofobia), but remember that the standards of beauty should not be above what is considered healthy. Enjoy the sun: of course, but considering precautions we should take and risks that we are exposed:
I recommend reading this newspaper article where dermatologist says various data on incidence, prevalence, types of skin cancer and its prevention. In this article we remind the recommendations we already know, which are simple to implement, but also easy to forget because it seems that we continue without being fully aware of the risk:
- Uses radiation protection: Proper use of protective creams, not only if you’re going to spend a day at the beach. Also in the field, if you’re going to take a long walk in the sun, or now that the running and outdoor sports seem to be so widespread, you must also protect properly.
- Remember the golden rules: Apply protection before exposure to the sun, even if the day is cloudy or if you are under the umbrella (radiation are still there, must also protect).
- There are mobile applications that will warn about the level of radiation sun and the risk of sun exposure. You can use them to not take unnecessary risks.
- I was cautious, but not about fear: Remember that the sun is healthy and necessary. The problem is the dose: we must prevent excessively, but the sun is the source of life and vitality does not waste it!
- Let us not be slaves of fashion: We know that sometimes has been fashionable to wear a white skin, while now it seems that the more tan better. Although not only it depends on the time, but also the place, because in certain regions of the world tanning remains somewhat frowned upon, and are preferred by the balance aesthetic skins … Which is it? Everyone using the tanning way you would like it, but always having health in mind and going to seek professional advice if needed, to avoid unnecessary risks.