Today I am so excited to be here writing about one of my passions, home décor! It is my wish to share with you – my readers and friends – my tips and tricks for everything home décor, including home staging, home organization, universal design, and interior design. In return, I hope to hear from you about your ideas, experiences, and questions about anything related to home décor.
Since I love writing lists, here is a list about me:
1) I am a 30-something year old, happily married wife to a wonderful, supportive, hard-working husband, who is also my best friend. <3
2) My hubby and I are pet parents to two of the cutest and funniest rescue pups. I absolutely love dogs and all kinds of animals!
3) We live in Houston, TX in a 1950’s ranch style home, but I love all different styles of homes from the Colonial to the Mediterranean.
4) Our house is decorated with a mix of traditional décor and antiques. I totally love other looks, too, such as shabby chic, rustic, Craftsman, and Colonial. I have styled four of my own homes and staged and sold three (all in under 2 months).
5) My favorite color is royal blue, and yes, I decorate with it in my home. Fortunately, my hubby likes it, too. We love the combination of blue, green and yellow.
6) Someday, we would like to own an old Craftsman house or bungalow. We love the old world character, such as built-ins, transoms, arched doorways, and stained glass.
7) My other passion is working with people who have special needs, especially children. Currently, I work as an occupational therapy assistant in the public schools, and previously, I was a special education teacher.
8) In late 2012, I had a desire to explore my love for home décor, so I started my own home styling business, Porch Swing Staging & Redesign. It has been a real labor of love, but I am proud that it is slowly coming into its own.
9) I really enjoy helping people solve life problems, whether it’s choosing paint colors or providing useful information. That is one of my goals for writing this blog.
10) I love scrapbooking!! It is my creative outlet. I also love painting, card making, and creative writing. I have a need to be creative; thus, that is why I am a home stylist, an occupational therapy assistant, and now a blogger.
11) I like to shop, and I especially enjoy finding bargains.
12) We recently started embracing clean eating, so I buy mostly organic and non-GMO food.
13) I was in choir from 7th grade through my sophomore year of college. I’m no Adele, but can hold my own. LOL I like lots of different genres of music, especially 80′s rock.
14) I am a recovering perfectionist, and one of my new favorite quotes from Dieter F. Uchtdorf is: “What you create doesn’t have to be perfect.” I’m also a lover of quotes, too. LOL
15) Someday, I would like to incorporate occupational therapy into interior design by getting certified in home modifications and aging in place (CAP), both of which are important for aging baby boomers.
Enough about me….I look forward to hearing from you and making new friends! Please feel free to comment, share, like, or pin about anything that strikes your fancy. My hope is that you will be inspired by my wonderful tips, ideas, inspirations, and desires to create a comfortable, attractive, and functional home. Now let’s decorate something!